The Bruncholics favorite in all its glory! Enjoy this at home and sound off in the comments on your results!
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 cups stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Cook down bacon in a large frying pan. Remove bacon and leave grease.
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; remove bacon.
- In grease, add all veggies except garlic and saute for 5-10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Add flour to soak up grease then add water until desired consistency. Cook until all lumps of flour are out.
- Add chopped bacon, parsley, scallions, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Then place smothered grits mixture on top